Business plan for company development
- Financial Consulting
- Investment banking
- Investor relations (IR)
With years of experience in projects implementation in various sectors of the economy, Pro Capital Investment offers its clients business plans for development of their company.
Analytical components of a prepared business development plan consist of the following blocks:
- Detailed break-even analysis, its financial condition (including receivables), existing counterparties, facilities and production techniques, organizational process, range of manufactured products/ provided services, etc. This aspect of the analysis involves identification of "bottlenecks" of the company, factors constraining its development, and evaluation of existing reserves.
- Analysis of the current market situation of the target and/or adjacent markets and prospects covering: market dynamics, assessment of supply and demand balance; pricing situation; main trends; development forecasts. Information in this section allows us to understand the specifics of the market, its key areas and the level of potential demand, i.e. is a basis for making managerial decisions both on current problems and, if necessary, adjustment of the existing development strategy to reflect the most promising areas.
- Analysis of the expected profitability of the company, its investment attractiveness within the existing development strategy. If selected, calculation of investment attractiveness for a number of options is carried out.
Also, development of a marketing strategy is an integral part of the business development plan which is selected by the company as a strategic direction.
Below is the structure for a business development plan. It should be mentioned that the key elements of a number of items can be determined only after preliminary work with the customer, as they are determined by the characteristics of a selected strategy of the company’s development.
1. PROJECT SUMMARY
2. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE COMPANY
2.1. Summary of the Project
2.2. Goals and strategy of the company
2.3. Analysis of geographical location of the company
2.4. Company management
2.5. Staffing for the company, qualification of the management personnel
2.6. Information flows and decision-making system
2.7. Contractors and partners of the Company
2.8. Organizational structure of the Company and analysis of building relationships between the structural units
2.9. Centres of financial responsibility at the Company
2.10. Financial analysis of the Company. Identification of strengths and weaknesses of the company, problem areas and recommendations for their management
2.11. Calculation of integral index for assessing the financial condition of the company
2.12. Marginal profitability analysis. Calculation of break-even point
2.13. SWOT-analysis of a company
2.14. Determining position of the company on the market. Selection of adjacent market segments which involve:
• new technologies;
• new competitive products on the market;
• transition to more promising markets and / or businesses
2.15. Comprehensive conclusions about the financial condition of the company, as well as recommendations for its improvement.
3. ANALYSIS OF THE TARGET MARKET*
* structure analysis, as well as target sector of the economy will be determined after receipt of the initial information from the customer for the company, based on the possible development strategies
4. CREATION OF A MARKETING STRATEGY**
4.1. Assessment of market potential based on the industry market analysis, macro and micro analysis
4.2. Identification of market opportunities. Selection of strategic alternatives for development of the company on the market of Ukraine
4.3. Assessment of the current activities of the company (marketing internal audit of the company: strategies, objectives, resources management)
4.4. Characteristics of integrated marketing strategy on the market
4.5. Preliminary assessment of the strategy and tools for monitoring its implementation
** Structure for creating a marketing strategy, as well as its main components will be determined after formation of the company development strategy and main directions of its development
5. EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS OF COMPANY DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY (possible number of options)
5.1. The concept of company development
5.2. Concept features of company development
5.3. Location of the projected facility. Layout of the facilities
5.4. Description of manufacturing/ organizational processes and characteristics of products/ services
5.5. Equipment and other fixed assets used during project implementation for company development
5.6. Contractors involved in the project
5.7. Staff and personnel policy for the project
5.8. Legal regulation. Necessary approvals
5.9. Financial evaluation of enterprise development strategies
5.10. Project parameters for company development. Prerequisites for calculations
5.11. Sources of financing enterprise development strategy. Target direction and schedule of investments
5.12. Sales plan
5.13. Income and costs statement
5.14. Cash flow statement
5.15. Breakeven point
5.16. Credit instruments. Justification for possible loan servicing (debt service ratio calculation DSCR)
5.17. Evaluation of investment attractiveness and profitability of the company development strategy (calculation coefficients NPV, IRR, DPP, PI, etc.)
6. RISK ANALYSIS
6.1. Factor analysis of project risks
6.2. Risk reduction strategies
To view a portfolio of prepared investment projects, follow the link: (portfolio is in pdf format – they are uploaded via link)
- Commercial and residential real estate;
- Production sector;
- Food industry;
- Agricultural sector;
- Trading sphere;
- Sector of services.
The objectives for preparation of a business development plan for the company:
- Analysis of the current situation at the company, identification of strengths and weaknesses, development potential.
- Analysis of possible ways for company development and selection of the most promising one, taking into account market trends and possibilities of the company.
A business development plan for a company is the basic document required for any company irrespective of the sector of the economy. This plan is based on an analysis of the current situation in the company which includes evaluation of its operations and potential resources for development, identifying both its advantages and weaknesses, as well as a detailed study of the vector for growth, selection of the most promising direction based on key market trends and economic condition of the country as a whole.